A practical GP focused guide to Nodular Thyroid Disease
On-demand recorded 21 Jul 2020
This webinar provides an update on Nodular Thyroid Disease. It provides GPs with practical information about when to investigate, how to investigate and who to refer.
- Interpret biochemical test of thyroid function.
- Discuss use and interpretation of ultrasound in NTD
- Discuss use and interpretation of fine needle aspiration in NTD
- Discuss indications for specialist referral of NTD
- Discuss surgical considerations and outcomes in NTD
Dr Tim Senior
Tim Senior works as a GP at an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service in South West Sydney, and is involved in teaching medical students and GP registrars, and is active in policy development and advocacy in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health. He is an award winning writer on General Practice and Public Health, and is a contributing editor and member of Croakey Health Media. He is active on social media, and was named as one of the top 10 health users of Twitter in Australia.
Dr Eva Wong
General, Head and Neck Surgeon Maquarie University Hospital Westmead Cancer Centre
A/Prof Bernard Champion
BEc (Actuarial), MB BS BSc(Med) FRACP (Endocrinology), MMedEd
Endocrinologist, A.Prof. in Medicine at MHU Faculty of Medicine