Advance Care Planning in Primary Care
- : Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
This education is accredited: RACGP 2 CPD, ACRRM 1 CME PD.
Advance care planning is an essential part of providing patient-centred care in line with a person's goals, beliefs and preferences, especially in later life. This module covers the key aspects of creating an advance care plan, the selection of a substitute decision-maker, and the legal frameworks surrounding advance care plans.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of advance care planning in primary care.
- Describe the role of general practice in advance care planning discussions.
- Identify opportunities to initiate and continue discussions of advance care planning.
- Access information regarding legislative aspects of advance care planning relevant to their jurisdiction.
This activity is sponsored by Advance Care Planning Australia.