Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology
- : Online
GPs are confronted with common skin, nail and hair conditions on a regular basis as patients have limited access to dermatologists. In fact, the largest organ of the human body makes up 15 percent of general practice consultations on a day-to-day basis. Undergraduate dermatology training is minimal in many medical schools and without additional education in general dermatology, GPs are often underequipped to handle common presentations.
Presented by noted dermatologists, the Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology will increase your clinical knowledge, teach you how to assess more complex and rare cases and make differential diagnoses for various dermatological conditions.
This course is the second part of the three-part Professional Diploma of General Dermatology. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of General Dermatology, Advanced Certificate of General Dermatology and Professional Diploma of General Dermatology.
This course is for General Practitioners and for degree-qualified nurses and dermal therapists who work under their supervision.
This advanced certificate:
- Is recognised by Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP). The RNZCGP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Peer review and audit are compulsory.
- Is quality-assured by Bond University.
- Is recognised by the Hong Kong College of Family Physicians (HKCFP). The HKCFP recognises all courses endorsed by the RACGP. Points are calculated differently.
- Qualifies for certified clinical attachments in General Dermatology in France at the University of Lyon.
- Qualifies for certified clinical attachments in General Dermatology in Austria at the University of Vienna.
- Provides credit for Postgraduate Diploma in General Dermatology which is studied online at the Rila Institute of Health Sciences which in turn provides credit for a Master of Science in Dermatology awarded by the University of Plymouth (UK).