Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery
- : 1 Convention Centre Pl, South Wharf VIC 3006
The Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Surgery will teach you how to surgically remove skin cancers from anatomically complex and cosmetically sensitive areas with optimal scarring results. This highly practical course is led by noted skin cancer doctors and a team of experienced GPs to assist you in your practice. The program covers surgical procedures for the face and neck, rhomboid flaps on the cheek, peri-orbital reconstruction on the lower eyelid, rotation flaps on the scalp, and closures of lip defects.
Skin cancer is one of the most common dermatological conditions seen in general practice – and it is not overly complex to manage if you have the right skill set. This certificate course has been specifically designed for time-poor general practitioners wishing to acquire the knowledge required to safely and confidently diagnose and treat commonly encountered skin lesions.
The two-day face-to-face course combines interactive lectures, case discussions and surgical practical sessions on pork parts. Our team of surgical assistants will guide and support you as you practise the various surgical techniques.
This course is the second stage of the three-part Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Surgery, quality-assured by Bond University.
The theory and practical sessions cover:
- Anatomy of the head, neck, nose, lip, eyelid, ear, and upper and lower limbs
- Advancement flaps and rhomboid flaps on the face
- Rotational flaps in closure of scalp, cheek and distal limb defects
- Full thickness and split thickness grafts on the face and lower limb defects
- Closure of ear defects with flaps, grafts and wedges
- Closure of upper lip and lateral nose defects with advancement, rhomboid and V-Y flaps