Assessment And Management Of Low Back Pain - Brisbane
A learning module for doctors wanting to boost their skills and confidence in managing low back pain. It is the first of four modules being offered by the Australian Association of Musculoskeletal Medicine. The modules can be taken independently and in any order, but all four modules must be successfully completed to be awarded the certificate.
DATE: Saturday, 12 November 2022
- GP/Specialist - $690
- AAMM member- $590
- Registrar/House Officer- $490
- Med Student/refresher module- $390
- Refine your physical examination skills and understand your findings
- Target and interpret investigations
- Make a specific diagnosis leading to effective treatment
- Perform basic manual therapy and trigger point injections in your office
- Prescribe appropriate exercises and medications
READING AND ASSESSMENT:
- Pre-reading component of approximately 6 hours in preparation for a day-long workshop of interactive tutorials, hands on physical examination and treatment techniques with feedback and case discussions.
- Multiple-choice question test.
Dr Michael Yelland(Convenor) –GP & Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Brisbane
Associate Professor, School of Medicine, Griffith University
Dr Geoff Harding – Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Sandgate, Brisbane
Dr Bruce Jones – Musculoskeletal Medicine Practitioner, Taringa, Brisbane
This module is an RACGP CPD Accredited Activity (Activity Number: 186163) and has been allocated 40 CPD program points in the 2020-2022 triennium. This activity is accredited with ACRRM (Activity Number:25378) and is eligible for 8 Educational Activity Hours and 7 Performance Review Hours.
Please note that this course is open to Medical Practitioners only.