Asthma in Australia: 3. Adjusting treatment and encouraging adherence
This module explores the key barriers to adherence for your asthma patients, and presents strategies to manage these challenges based on current Australian guidelines. Participants will be able to access practical resources designed to help create a written asthma action plan for your patients, as well as tips on how to make the most of your consultation time with a patient.
On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to implement a tailored, personalised approach to medical treatment planning.
- Produce tailored written action plans.
- Explain how a tailored approach to medical treatment planning enhances adherence and reduces the risk of a patient being hospitalised for poor asthma control.
- Identify common barriers to adherence in asthma patients, and describe resources and strategies for addressing these challenges.
- Apply Australian guidelines for adjusting asthma medications to determine appropriate management based on a patient’s level of asthma control and their treatment adherence.
This activity is sponsored by Asthma Australia.
Content partners: Asthma Australia
If you need any assistance or have any feedback about this education, please contact our helpdesk at thinkgpreedexhibitions.com.au
Click here for more information