Asthma in Australia: 5. Paediatric asthma
In this module, participants will gain greater confidence in diagnosing and treating childhood asthma, and will gain an understanding of the impact of childhood asthma on families. A series of case studies help guide the participant through relevant Australian guidelines for initiation and adjustment of asthma medications for children.
On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact of childhood asthma on families and on Australia as a whole.
- Identify types of wheeze in childhood and describe the significance of wheezing in young children.
- Systematically apply processes for diagnosing and treating childhood asthma with greater confidence.
- Create Written Asthma Action Plans (WAAPs) for children with greater confidence.
- Implement age-appropriate Australian guidelines for initiation and adjustment of asthma medications.
This activity is sponsored by Asthma Australia.
Content partners: Asthma Australia
If you need any assistance or have any feedback about this education, please contact our helpdesk at thinkgpreedexhibitions.com.au
Click here for more information