Basic Life Support Course for Medical Doctors
Basic Life Support
The Basic Life Support (BLS) course is developed to provide healthcare professionals with a general understanding of how to respond in an emergency situation.
The course is designed to be consistent with the Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) guidelines. Basic Life Support teaches based on the DRSABCD structure, as outlined by ANZCOR.
Basic Life Support covers the skills required to respond to an emergency situation, particularly an unconscious casualty. The training package respects the learner's existing skills and knowledge.
The course is designed to be short and highly engaging. Interactive activities include simulated rhythm training for compressions, AED placement on an unconscious casualty and scenarios specific to a healthcare setting.
The Basic Life Support course is designed specifically as refresher training for healthcare professionals.
This is vital training for professionals with an obligation to respond to emergency life-and-death situations. The course aligns to ANZCOR and Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
Upon successful completion of this online learning course, the learner will receive a statement of attainment in the form of a certificate.
This course provides healthcare professionals training in:
- How to provide basic emergency basic life support, in line with ANZCOR.
- Assessing a situation, identifying dangers and calling for help.
- Identifying airway obstructions and managing breathing.
- Why and how cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is performed.
- The safe use of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
This course is an ideal lead-in course for advanced life support training.
Basic Life Support is a focussed online training course featuring the following.
- 55 minutes course duration
- Interactive activities
- Look and feel specific to a healthcare environment
- Accessibility functionality for WCAG AA compliance
- Full course voiceover
- Assessments at the end of each section
- Certificate of completion
- Printable DRSABCD poster
- Adaptics - Kineo's pre-assessment technology
- This course is endorsed by the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association (AHHA).
Endorsed by the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association (AHHA).
The AHHA endorses this course as meeting AHHAâ€™s standards for educational quality and usability with the content having been developed by an appropriately credentialed subject matter expert.