Basic wound management
- : Online
Nurses take a leading role in the assessment and management of wounds in any healthcare setting. Individualised care plans are required to optimize healing, however, the basic principles of wound care are applied in all approaches to wound care.
This module is intended as a brief refresher for all nurses and assistants in nursing. It discusses the principles of wound care: collaborative approach to care; comprehensive patient assessment; care planning; wound cleansing; appropriate selection and implementation of a wound management technique; and detailed documentation.
At the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Have a refreshed knowledge of the principles of wound care
- Gain an understanding of the basics of wound assessment
- Know appropriate technique of wound cleansing
- Have a refreshed knowledge of the basic techniques to be applied in wound dressing technique
- Know the dressing choices for basic wounds