This is a Promoted Post!
Bowel cancer screening: increasing participation, increasing prevention
- : Sydney NSW 2000
Bowel cancer is an ongoing health issue in Australia, with public awareness and screening rates falling behind other well-known cancers. This activity provides an overview of bowel cancer and its incidence, and outlines the way increased screening can offer a reduction in mortality and morbidity.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Be aware of the prevalence and mortality of bowel cancer across the Australian population.
- Understand the impact of early detection in reducing mortality.
- Be aware of the differences between screening technologies and appreciate the impact on participation rates.
- Know about available bowel screening programs in Australia, and the impact of GP engagement on participation rates.
- Be familiar with the alternate screening programs for Australians outside the NBCSP target age range and alongside the NBCSP.