This is a Featured Course!
Carer, legal and end of life issues in dementia
- : Chatswood NSW 2067
This education discusses the end of life decisions in patients who have been diagnosed with dementia. The role of the patient, their carer and their family is discussed. The various legal documents and their roles are outlined. Palliative care in dementia is explored.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Better understand the importance of carer issues in managing dementia.
- Discuss decision making, capacity and legal issues.
- Appropriately manage distress, pain and palliation in dementia.
- Describe the role of practice and community nurses and of community education.
- Ensure patient and carer safety by knowing who to call for help, with regard to community services and support and referral pathways.
You will need the latest version of Flash to participate in this activity - you can download the latest version here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Supported by Dementia Training Australia and Alzheimers Australia.
This education was prepared by ThinkGP and Dr Allan Shell (DCRC).
|Carer, legal and end of life issues in dementia - education|
|Carer, legal and end of life issues in dementia - evaluation|