Ceramic Restorations (Fri 26th & Sat 27th June)
This course is designed for practitioners already involved in the provision of ceramic-based restorations to their patients. It will explore guidelines that will help you select and understand the materials and systems that would achieve the best aesthetic and functional outcomes for your patients. The focus will be on achieving planning and technical excellence in all stages of the treatment process from diagnosis to delivery.
There will be a combination of lectures and a hands-on practical component. We will highlight prep designs, bonding procedures for the chosen restorations, pitfalls and complications, tips and tricks.
At the end of the course participants will have:
- Gained a better knowledge and understanding of current ceramic materials.
- Be able to identify and diagnose the difficulties in the implementation of a treatment protocol – anterior and posterior.
- Have an understanding of materials and be able to select the most appropriate materials and ceramic systems for use in routine and complex or demanding cases. CAD CAM included.
- Refined their protocols on impression taking, Provisional Restorations and Cementation/ Bonding procedures.
- Comprehended the importance of tooth form and how this contributes to aesthetics.
About the Presenters:
Dr Asheen Behari is a general practitioner in private practice in Claremont, Perth. He graduated at the University of the Witwatersrand in 1993 and has completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry in Oral Implants at the University of Sydney.
Dr Behari has also been a lecturer and tutor to final year dental students at the University of Western Australia.
Dr Paul Gorgolis is a general practitioner currently in private practice in Wembley Downs, Perth. He is a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. In London he developed the UK’s first multi-disciplinary general & specialist practice where patients could be comprehensively managed and treated “under one roof”.
Dr Gorgolis has also been a lecturer and tutor to final year dental students at the University of Western Australia.