Cervical Screening Program Update Webinar
- : Ashfield NSW 2131
Who would benefit from this course
The Cervical Cancer Program Update Webinar is a on and a half hour web-based information session designed for doctors, nurses and midwives. This webinar will provide information on The National Cervical Screening Program; outline new technologies and sampling techniques and how to manage under and never screened groups.
The renewal of the National Cervical Screening Program comes as a result of new understandings about the role HPV in cervical cancer and the success of the HPV vaccination program. Family Planning NSW has developed a webinar for health professionals who undertake cervical screening as part of their practice.
Changes to the NCSP were implemented on 1 December 2017, the Update Webinar discusses:
- Epidemiology and public health aspects of HPV and cervical cancer
- The new screening and management pathways for special consideration groups
- Management guidelines for screen-detected abnormalities
- Gain understanding of the current National Cervical Screening Program and the HPV vaccination program
- Gain understanding of the changes to the National Cervical Screening Program implemented on 1 December 2017
- Improve skills and confidence in performing cervical screening
A one and a half hour webinar which includes the up-to-date information about the changes to the National Cervical Screening Program, followed by case studies. Time will be allocated during the webinar for comprehensive Q & A.
1 May 2019 | 6:00PM-7:30PM
25 April 2019
$50 per participant
RACGP: This Activity is Accredited for 4 Category 2 points, as part of the RACGP Quality Improvement & Continuing Professional Development Program in the 2017-2019 Triennium.
Activity Number: 111437