Codeine rescheduling and chronic pain management
- : Melbourne VIC 3000
The rescheduling of codeine to a prescription-only medication has resulted in patients who have been taking codeine long-term for chronic pain presenting for prescriptions. This education explores issue surrounding the use of codeine for chronic pain, and how to better manage chronic pain patients through a multidisciplinary approach.
On completion of this education activity participants will be able to:
- Recognise the limitations of codeine as an effective analgesic to manage pain, especially amongst patients with chronic pain
- Apply a socio-psycho-biomedical approach to the assessment and management of chronic non-cancer pain
- Effectively communicate with patients the benefits of managing chronic pain in a manner consistent with clinical guidelines
- Assess the risk of abuse and addiction to prescribed opioids
- Apply universal precautions to the prescribing of opioids for pain management
This activity is sponsored by Mundipharma.
|Codeine rescheduling and chronic pain management - Education|
|Codeine rescheduling and chronic pain management - Evaluation|