Combating CSE course for Medical Doctors
This online learning course is designed to support clinical and non-clinical healthcare staff in identifying victims of child sexual exploitation (CSE).
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe what CSE is, and that protection from it extends to everyone under 18 years
- Recognise vulnerabilities and circumstances which indicate a risk of CSE
- Recognise the physical, emotional and circumstantial indicators that CSE has taken or is taking place
- Take confident action if you suspect a child or young person is at risk, has been or is being abused
- Maintain your focus on the young person, their safety and wellbeing
- Recognise that the needs of a child must always be paramount
The majority of children and young people in the UK grow up to have happy and healthy sexual development, free from harm. However, some do not.