Cost of Injuries in Sport and Their Prevention
Sports safety policy and practice needs to be informed by robust injury incidence and burden data. All stakeholders need to understand:
• they bear the cost of the problem
• they have a role in prevention
• there will be significant (cost) implications if they do not invest in prevention
• there is an effective solution
While sports injury is often passed over as being just part of the game, not only is sports injury preventable but it is also cost-effective.
Dr Fortington is an injury epidemiologist who is working to improve the collection, analysis and reporting of injury data in different sports settings to best understand the impact of injuries and ways to prevent them occurring. Lauren is conducting investigations of injuries that occur in elite and community sport including men’s and women’s rugby and Australian football, Gaelic sports and Olympic sports. Lauren’s research seeks to improve the understanding of longitudinal data (when multiple injuries are sustained over time in individuals) as well as reporting and analysis of non-acute, non-time loss injuries in sports settings. Dr Fortington is also leading studies of safety in community sports organisations, aimed towards informing policy on the prevention and best management of serious and fatal events in sport.Schedule
Friday, 27 November 2020
12:00pm - 1:30pm AEDT
Please note, the times listed are in Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time.
Your local time will be:
|ACT:||12:00pm - 1:30pm|
|NSW:||12:00pm - 1:30pm|
|NT:||10:30am - 12:00pm|
|QLD:||11:00am - 12:30pm|
|SA:||11:30am - 1:00pm|
|TAS:||12:00pm - 1:30pm|
|VIC:||12:00pm - 1:30pm|
|WA:||9:00am - 10:30am|
Please note: This is a live webinar and needs to be watched at the specified time above. If you are unable to watch the webinar live, it will be produced as a podcast and can be purchased within the following month.
Rates per person
|ESSA Student Member||$15.00|
Access to Webinar
You will be provided information on how to access this webinar within your registration confirmation email.
NB: A confirmation of your attendance is required.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist and/or Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Jurdan Mendiguchia Hamstring Rehabilitation Part 1...
- Posted By The Sports MAP Network
- Posted Date: 2021-01-06
- Includes a detailed approach to addressing hamstring injury risk factors and early management.
- Achilles Tendinopathy (Part 1)
- Posted By Online Physiotherapy Training Australia (OPTA)
- Posted Date: 2020-12-07
- The first installment steps the user through the causes of achilles tendon overload.
- All the Small Balls
- Posted By Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute (APPI)
- Posted Date: 2020-12-07
- On this one day workshop you will learn a series of preparation movements
- Online Course: Tennis Elbow Management
- Posted By Australian Physiotherapy Council
- Posted Date: 2020-10-20
- Justify the benefit of patient education in Tennis Elbow management