This is a Promoted Post!
Dementia in Primary Care: Recognition
- : Melbourne VIC 3000
This education defines dementia and discusses the presenting symptoms and signs of the disease. The range of screening tools available in general practice is discussed and their merits and role considered. Biomarkers for dementia are considered, as are current neuroimaging techniques.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify patients with early signs of dementia in general practice.
- Describe the features with which dementia may present.
- Discuss which tests to use to make the diagnosis.
- Understand the current use of scans and biomarkers in the diagnosis of dementia.
- Ensure patient safety by being aware of the processes and sequence of investigations required for making the diagnosis of dementia.