Diagnosis and management of non-melanoma skin cancer
- : Sydney NSW 2000
This education describes the assessment and management of basal and squamous cell carcinoma. Each condition is described in terms of its epidemiology, risk factors and clinical features. Indications for referral are discussed and the Mohr surgical technique, and the indications for this are listed. Prognosis and follow up for each condition is examined. Numerous naked eye and dermoscopic images illustrate the non melanoma skin conditions.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the key features in the diagnosis and management of basal cell carcinoma.
- Discuss the key features in the diagnosis and management of squamous cell carcinoma.
- Recall the indications for referral of patient with basal and squamous cell carcinomas.
- State the key features in the diagnosis and management of basal and squamous cell carcinomas.
- Ensure patient safety by recalling the methods of examination to detect skin cancer.
Dr Sarah McDonald, Clinical Fellow, Victorian Melanoma Service
Dr Alvin Chong, Senior Lecturer in Dermatology, University of Melbourne
Philippa Davis, Primary Health Program, Cancer Council Victoria
Shannon Jones, SunSmart Victoria, Cancer Council Victoria
This education was prepared by ThinkGP.
- Mind Your Own Business and MBS Billings Workshop
- Posted By Business for Doctors
- Posted Date: 2018-04-16
- Location:Melbourne VIC 3000
- Double your GP billings and build an online presence
- General Practice Conference & Exhibition (GPCE) - ...
- Posted By Reed Medical Education
- Posted Date: 2018-03-27
- Location:Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
- General Practice Conference & Exhibition (GPCE) - Sydney, 18-20 May 2018 – Sydney Showground, Sydney...
- Workplace Injury GP Event
- Posted By DIGIMED Australia
- Posted Date: 2018-03-12
- Location:Harrington Park NSW 2567
- SPECIALIST CARDIAC SURGERY
- Posted By GP Foundation Ltd
- Posted Date: 2018-03-07
- Location:Yarraville VIC 3013
- This course focused on the study of cardiovascular surgery, comparing techniques, equipment, and dru...