Electronic Fetal Monitoring for Midwives
The following course covers key areas of Electronic Fetal Monitoring. Upon successful completion of the associated summative quiz, 3 Australian College of Midwives (MidPLUS) points will be awarded.
IntelliLearn's library of ACM endorsed midwifery courses is essential for any maternity hospital requiring compliance in Electronic Fetal Monitoring, a range of midwifery emergencies, medication management in midwifery, breastfeeding and epidurals / spinal anaesthesia for childbirth.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- appreciate the importance of understanding the physiology of cellular function and oxygenation in respect to changes demonstrated in the CTG
- describe the features of a CTG using definitions consistent with the RANZCOG "intrapartum clinical surveillance - clinical guidelines "definitions for baseline FHR, baseline variability, accelerations and decelerations
- manage clinical situations based on the assessment of possible foetal compromise as outlined in the RANZCOG Intrapartum Clinical Surveillance - Clinical Guidelines"
- achieve an appropriate score in the corresponding quiz allowing the printing of a certificate of quiz completion
- document accurately and appropriately your involvement in the management of clinical cases in a manner that will facilitate any future review of the cases, and
- use the information in this module to prepare for your own assessment.