Financing the dream
On-demand recorded 22 Oct 2020
Do you have dream of owning your own practice? It’s an exciting prospect but practice ownership is also a major decision that requires careful business and financial planning. Whether you are looking to start a new practice, buy an existing practice or become a partner in a practice, there are a number of factors to consider before choosing the right path for you. In this session, BOQ Specialist will take you through the ins and outs of each approach and equip you with the necessary financial knowledge to ensure that the process is as smooth as possible.
Discussion topics and tips will include:
- Identifying your practice ownership goals
- What do you need to get started?
- Buying in or starting from scratch – the advantages and disadvantages of each approach
- Understanding the finance options available to you
- Choosing the right loan
- Case studies from our GP clients
- Define and articulate your practice ownership goals
- Compare and evaluate the feasibility of either starting a new practice, buying an existing practice or becoming a partner in a practice
- Understand the various finance options that are available to you, and recognise the benefits and risks associated with each
This event attracts 2 CPD points
Dr Raymond Wen
East Brunswick Medical Centre
Colin is a commercial financial specialist who has spent the past eight years working exclusively with medical, dental and veterinary professionals. Colin has helped numerous doctors, dentists and vets secure their own practice, start a new practice or buy into an existing business. Colin enjoys taking a long-term view with his clients, whether it’s providing finance to buy their first car, or go into business for themselves.