Heart Failure in General Practice: Aetiology and presentation
- : Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Hours: 1 | RACGP C2: 2pts | ACRRM: 1ptThis is one module in the Heart Failure in General Practice series.
Click here to view all modules in this series.
Heart failure is a significant health issue in Australia with a mortality rate comparable to the common forms of cancer, but early detection and management can significantly improve patient outcomes. This module outlines the signs and symptoms of heart failure, and the screening of individuals with increased risk factors.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify severity levels of heart failure and their relation to prognosis.
- Understand the causes and risk factors for heart failure.
- Differentiate between heart failure with preserved and reduced ejection fraction.
- Identify signs and symptoms of heart failure to formulate a diagnosis.
This activity is sponsored by Novartis.