Helping our patients get healthy
- : Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127
Hours: 1 | RACGP C2: 2pts | ACRRM: 1pt
They affect around half of all Australians and are the leading cause of ill health and death in this country, but many chronic diseases share common lifestyle risk factors that are largely preventable. This learning activity is about how you can help your patients by facilitating their access to the NSW Ministry of Health's free Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service, with an overview of eligibility, the referral process and follow-ups. By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of the Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service within a multidisciplinary care programme for patients.
- Discuss with patients their eligibility for the Service.
- Refer patients to the Get Healthy Service through appropriate means.
- Apply the follow-up reports received from the Service to improve quality of patient care.
This activity is supported by the Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service.