Hepatitis B s100 Prescriber Course
- : Canberra ACT 2601
More than 220,000 Australians are living with chronic hepatitis B, with only 5% of people who need antiviral treatment receiving it. Without access to appropriate care, around 15-25% of people will die from their condition.
This course is designed to support GPs to manage and treat hepatitis B in the primary care setting and is an opportunity to become an s100 prescriber for hepatitis B treatment.
Through online learning and interactive face-face teaching, participants will learn to:
· Screen at-risk patients, accurately diagnose CHB infection and assess phase of the disease.
· Monitor patients appropriately, establish suitability for treatment and refer to specialist care if indicated.
· Discuss aims of treatment, antiviral treatment options, duration of therapy and definitions of response.
· Monitor patients on treatment according to established protocols, recognise and manage resistance, hepatitis flares and response.
· Recognise risk factors, clinical signs, symptoms and complications of advanced liver disease and manage or refer to specialist care appropriately.