Ibuprofen use in paediatrics
- : Online
This brief module provides an overview of the use of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug ibuprofen in paediatrics. It is commonly used for pain management and has antipyretic and anti-inflammatory properties.
The module provides an overview of the pharmacology, mode of action and indications. It discusses the precautions, adverse effects and interactions. There are several special considerations when administering ibuprofen that are discussed.
At the end of this module participants will be able to:
- Understand the indications for use of ibuprofen in paediatrics
- Understand the mode of action of ibuprofen
- Know the doses of ibuprofen, depending on the indication for use
- Identify the precautions, adverse effects and interactions
- Understand the special considerations when administering ibuprofen