Immunisation on Neonatal Units elearning Course
The Immunisation on Neonatal Units elearning course equips newly qualified/novice nurses, neonatal nurses, and other members of multi-professional teams with enhanced knowledge and skill in the administration and management of neonatal immunisations, including vaccination for Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV).
- Enhance your knowledge and skill in the administering neonatal immunisations
- Suitable for newly qualified/novice nurses, neonatal nurses.
- Developed in partnership with UK’s top clinical specialists.
The course discusses and reviews issues surrounding vaccination of pre-term infants while resident on a neonatal unit. It also covers:
- Who can give consent while a baby is still resident on a neonatal unit,
- Why it is important to administer routine immunisations at the appropriate time and within the schedule
- When a delay in vaccination timing may be appropriate.
Immunisation on Neonatal Units is an ideal resource ideal to be used as part of a blended learning approach as an adjunct to face-to-face teaching sessions, simulation and scenarios to facilitate reflection and real time feedback.
eIntegrity programmes are developed by NHS Health Education England’s e-Learning for Healthcare programme (HEE e-LfH).
The programmes are high quality self-directed learning programmes. They are designed to support training and CPD and are excellent resources alongside other traditional teaching methodologies. They have been developed by the UK NHS for use in the NHS. However, many of the programmes have international relevance, particularly the specialty training programmes which are often mapped to UK specialty training curricula.