Incontinence Suite - 07 Dementia and Incontinence
This course has been developed to provide an understanding of good practice continence care for those with dementia.
This course is aimed at any staff working in an aged care facility required to undertake incontinence training.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- the different diseases that can cause dementia
- the impact dementia can have on a person's behaviour and how this has consequences for their everyday continence care
- how to make it easier for dementia sufferers to toilet themselves
- how to choose appropriate products to facilitate self-changing and toileting, and
- how to appropriately approach individuals with dementia.
Endorsed by the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association (AHHA).
The AHHA endorses this course as meeting AHHA’s standards for educational quality and usability with the content having been developed by an appropriately credentialed subject matter expert.