Incontinence Suite - 08 Bowel Management
This course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of faecal incontinence, constipation, and their causes, management techniques and the type of care someone affected by faecal incontinence requires.
This course is designed for healthcare workers.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- the basic anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal tract
- the different types and various causes of faecal incontinence
- how to manage faecal incontinence
- what someone with faecal incontinence may go through, and
- how to provide better care for someone affected by faecal incontinence.
Endorsed by the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association (AHHA).
The AHHA endorses this course as meeting AHHA’s standards for educational quality and usability with the content having been developed by an appropriately credentialed subject matter expert.