Infection Prevention and Control - Continuing to Achieve Best Practice
Saturday, 16 January 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Endorsed and delivered by the ADA, taking into account the COVID-19 context, this course is the premier source of contemporary infection control information for the dental profession in 2020.
The Australian Dental Association secured PPE, consulted with regulators, actively sourced literature, research and information and constantly engaged with the leading authorities and government agencies responsible for the COVID-19 response to ensure leadership and guidance was timely and best practice for the profession.
We know the dental profession trusts ADA NSW to distil vast amounts of dynamic information into sensible and manageable action-based implementation strategies, this includes COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) management.
This course focuses on the key elements of managing COVID risk while it remains in our community, which could be for some time yet, and revisits the top areas of opportunity to improve IPC processes based on performance-based data and insights gained as the peak body for the profession.
Over 2000 people have attended this constantly evolving ADA course to reflect the dynamic landscape of IPC.
This course is suitable for all registered dental practitioners, Australian Dental Council candidates, prosthetists, dental practice teams, industry and product representatives and consumer advocates.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATION RATES AVAILABLE
HUNTER VALLEY CROWNE PLAZA
5 MARCH 2021
We are pleased to announce that Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley are offering discounted accommodation rates for our delegates registered for 5 March 2021.
When you register for the Infection Prevention and Control course, you will receive the accommodation discount link in your confirmation email. Simply follow the link to book and receive your discount.
Thank you Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley!
- COVID-19! What just happened? What do you have to do now?
- The difference between isolation and quarantine – why this is important for staff and IPC decisions
- Safe systems of work and risk based decision making for routine use of surgical masks, P2/N95 respirators, disinfectant
- Physical distancing in the dental practice – what are the recommendations and how to implement them?
- Understanding Level Restrictions and how this impacts IPC
- Healthcare consumer expectations and how to manage them
- What affects IPC compliance and team performance – and what to do about it
- How to complete a steriliser log
- Principles for steriliser testing and indicator use
- Spaulding classification and why this makes all the difference
- Objective approach to Batch Control Identification
- Confidence with storage of instruments and managing the environment
- Sterilising room – the top areas of opportunity
- Endodontics, the lab, and handpieces – give me the facts
- Make risk based IPC decisions based on evidence
- Confidence with COVID-19 management in practice
- Understand the common grey areas – and make them black and white for your practice
- Objectively review the status quo with a quality improvement mindset
- The ADA have a lot of resources to help you - learn about them throughout the course
- Understanding the regulatory framework for IPC that applies to dental practitioners
- Understand what IPC requirements are related to dental practice accreditation
- Understand what contemporary hand hygiene principles involve and how to apply them in a dental practice
- Confidence with the latest documents and information that should be at hand
- Australian Healthcare Week 2021 - 10th Annual
- Posted By Australian Healthcare Week
- Posted Date: 2021-01-21
- Location:Sydney NSW 2000
- No matter what role you play in healthcare, Australian Healthcare Week is the place to be this March
- Maxillary Denture and Mandibular 2-IOD case
- Posted By New Zealand Institute of Dental Technologists (NZIDT)
- Posted Date: 2020-12-29
- Mrs. N’s treatment at the School of Dentistry began in 1986, she became edentulous in 2004. After a ...
- MRACDS(GDP) Program 2021
- Posted By Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (RACDS)
- Posted Date: 2020-12-26
- Location:Sydney NSW 2000
- A modular educational program for general dental practitioners
- How to Thrive and Be Healthy in Your Health Career...
- Posted By HealthcareLink CPD
- Posted Date: 2020-12-17
- In order to thrive in our career as a Health Professional, we must have both hard & soft skills.
- CASE REPORTS to "Contemporary digital prosthodonti...
- Posted By 3Shape Australia Pty Ltd
- Posted Date: 2020-12-07
- Get up to speed on digital prosthodontics and restoring real-life smiles.