Intermediate Principles of Medical Cannabis: Clinical Case Study - Breast Cancer and Chemotherapy
Zoey, a 46 year old female is seeking treatment for her chemotherapy-related symptoms.
Zoey is currently undergoing chemotherapy as she was diagnosed with breast cancer at the start of 2023. There is risk of hepatic injury as medical cannabis and chemotherapy can both effect the liver.
This case study explores how Zoey's team managed the symptoms of her chronic pain, fatigue, low mood and lack of appetite using medical cannabis to to combat Zoey's chemotherapy symptoms and regain her sense of self.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the potential benefits and limitations of medical cannabis as a treatment option for symptomatic management of chemotherapy and breast cancer
- Identify suitable candidates for medical cannabis treatment.
- Facilitate clinical discussions with patients around medical cannabis as a therapeutic option in symptom management of Breast cancer and chemotherapy.
- Apply critical safety considerations & provide patient education & treatment advice regarding MC treatment
Elevate your expertise in medical cannabis with evidence-based learning derived from genuine patient experiences at Australia's biggest medical cannabis clinic. Dive deep into real-world medical cannabis scenarios and treatment outcomes through a detailed analysis. Our case studies offer comprehensive information about patient medical history, symptoms, diagnosis, medical cannabis-based treatment plans, and the results of that treatment.
- Developed by Registered Nurses for Health Practitioners
- Eligible participants can claim 1 CPD hour
- 12 months access
- Intermediate Principles of Medical Cannabis: Clini...
- Posted By SAGED
- Posted Date: 2024-02-13
- Location:East Melbourne VIC 3002
- Complete this case study treating a patient in palliative care with medical cannabis.