Manual Handling Training in Aged Care: Manual Tasks in Aged Care
Manual Tasks for Workers
Kineo’s Manual Tasks for Workers training course provides practical manual handling training and risk management training. The course covers risk factors associated with a variety of hazardous manual tasks. This is based on physical risk and an organisation’s work health and safety responsibilities. This course is ideal training alongside an organisation’s work processes and code of practice.
This manual tasks training course is designed for any worker who performs manual tasks. This includes workers who perform hazardous manual tasks, such as lifting heavy objects.
It may also be relevant for workers who perform other manual tasks. This includes those working with bulky loads, dangerous loads, vibrations, repetitive tasks, lifting people and handling animals.
This course provides learners with behaviourally-focused training and outline of risk factors related to manual tasks.
- Activities considered hazardous manual tasks and the associated risk factors.
- How to assess manual tasks.
- Risk management strategies.
- Techniques for performing manual tasks safely.
- The course encourages the use of mechanical aids, based on the hierarchy of hazard controls.
Manual Tasks in Aged Care is a focused online training course featuring the following.
- 55 minutes course duration
- Interactive activities
- Accessibility functionality for WCAG AA compliance
- Full course voiceover
- Assessments at the end of each section
- Certificate of completion
- Adaptics - Kineo’s pre-assessment technology
This course is created in collaboration with a recognised subject matter expert.
Endorsed by the Australian Healthcare and Hospitals Association (AHHA).
The AHHA endorses this course as meeting AHHA’s standards for educational quality and usability with the content having been developed by an appropriately credentialed subject matter expert.