Medical Mentoring elearning Course
The Medical Mentoring elearning course provides the knowledge and skills you need to become a mentor to doctors at all stages of their careers.
“Mentoring” is a learning support mechanism where an experienced person provides guidance, knowledge and advice to someone who is in development or has less experience about a specific topic or function. And a good mentor can be instrumental in the development of not only a mentee’s skills and knowledge, but also their behaviour, attitude and professional outlook.
Available to healthcare professionals around the world, this high-quality, interactive course helps you to develop your skills as a mentor, increases your awareness of your role and responsibilities as a mentor and highlights how the role of mentor might personally benefit your own development.
How You will Benefit from this Course
After completing and fully participating in this course you will be better equipped to:
- explain the mentor/mentee relationship and the roles and responsibilities involved
- identify a clear set of guidelines and principles for a successful mentoring relationship
- understand and use specific tools to help you provide effective support for the mentee
- give constructive feedback and facilitate a process of feedback generation by the mentee
- feel confident enough to provide high quality mentoring support.
eIntegrity programmes are developed by NHS Health Education England’s e-Learning for Healthcare programme (HEE e-LfH).
The programmes are high quality self-directed learning programmes. They are designed to support training and CPD and are excellent resources alongside other traditional teaching methodologies. They have been developed by the UK NHS for use in the NHS. However, many of the programmes have international relevance, particularly the specialty training programmes which are often mapped to UK specialty training curricula.