Module EP2 - Flexible Endoscopes IPC Reprocessing for Nurses and Midwives
This course has been developed to provide healthcare workers (HCWs) responsible for the management and reprocessing of Flexible Endoscopes (also referred to as reusable medical devices – RMDs) with an understanding of the recommended reprocessing procedures from an Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) risk management perspective.
Suitable for all healthcare workers responsible for the reprocessing of Flexible Endoscopes.
The content of this course incorporates the appropriate requirements of AS/NZS 4187 Amendment 2 published in May 2019.
This module will provide you with an understanding of the recommended reprocessing procedures for Flexible Endoscopes from an IPC risk management perspective, including:
- risk minimisation
- precleaning of Flexible Endoscopes
- cleaning of Flexible Endoscopes and accessories
- disinfection / sterilisation of Flexible Endoscopes, including Automated Endoscope Reprocessors (AERs)
- storage of Flexible Endoscopes, and
- microbiological surveillance of Flexible Endoscopes and AERs.