Module SS2 - Management of Used Reusable Medical Devices, & Monitoring of Reprocessing Equipment
This course has been developed to provide healthcare workers (HCWs) responsible for the cleaning, packaging, disinfection and/or sterilisation of reusable medical devices (hereafter referred to as RMDs) with an understanding of the recommended management of used RMDs in relation to care and handling, and the monitoring of reprocessing equipment.
Suitable for all healthcare workers (HCWs) responsible for the cleaning, packaging and sterilisation of RMDs, and management of associated equipment.
The content of this course incorporates the appropriate requirements of AS/NZS 4187 Amendment 2 published in May 2019.
This module will provide you with an understanding of the management of used RMDs, and the monitoring of reprocessing equipment, including:
- selection and purchase of new RMDs, and management of loan RMDs
- water quality
- manual and mechanical cleaning of RMDs
- manual and mechanical drying of RMDs
- monitoring of reprocessing equipment, and
- monitoring of cleaning, and preparation for packaging prior to sterilisation.