Perth General Practice Education Day 2016
- : Perth WA 6000
This seminar focuses on a range of general practice topics, requested by the GPs of Australia. Designed to suit your learning needs, this one-day seminar gives you the resources and practical strategies you need for your practice.
The seminar includes 18 different topics on general practice, presented by experts in the field. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
GPs will gain 16 category 2 CPD points for attending the seminar. An optional 40 category 1 CPD points are available, instructions for the ALM will be provided at the seminar.
See www.healthed.com.au/seminars/pgped16/ for more information.
- Australia and the Ice Epidemic: Sorting Out the Fact from Fiction for GPs;Paul Dillon, Educator, DARTA
- Gamblification of Computer Games - Tricks Used to Financially Exploit Kids and Their Parents Online; James Driver, Psychotherapist; Founder, Net Addiction NZ
- The Renewed National Cervical Cancer Screening Programme; Prof Ian Hammond, Chair, Steering Committee for the Renewal Implementation Committee; National Cervical Screening Program, Department of Health Australia
- Travel Medicine for Children - Tips and Traps; Dr Bernard Hudson, Senior Lecturer, Medicine, Northern Clinical School, University of Sydney
- Low Back Pain - A Practical Approach for GPs; Dr James Jarman, Pain Specialist; Deputy Head, Anaesthesia and Director of Pain Medicine, SJOG Midland Hospital
- Iron Deficiency in Special Cirumstances - Pregnancy, Cardiac Failure, Pre-op; Dr Pradeep Jayasuriya, GP, Belgravia Medical Centre, Perth
- Assessment and Management for the Patient with Unusual Fatigue - What to Do When OSA has Been Excluded?; Dr Christopher Kosky, Consultant Physician, Respiratory, Sleep and General Medicine, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's; Prof Christopher Lind, Neurosurgeon, Neurological Surgery, SJOG Subiaco; President, Neurosurgical Society of Australasia
- NOACs: Explore How Emerging Evidence is Influencing Treatment Considerations for Doctors and Patients; Dr Michael Nguyen, Cardiologist and Clinical Coordinator, Notre Dame University
- Tailoring Antidepressant Therapy; Dr Tom Paterson, Psychiatrist; Director, Adelaide Clinic Community Service
- Managing Enuresis in Children - Specific Topic to Be Determined by Survey;Dr Naeem Samnakay, Neonatal and Paediatric Surgeon and Urologist
- House Dustmite Allergy, Rhinitis and Asthma – When to Suspect, How to Manage, Common Myths and Misperceptions; Dr Kymble Spriggs, Specialist Allergist and Clinical Immunologist, Royal Melbourne Hospital and University of Melbourne
- An Update for GPs on Modern Radiation Therapy & Hormones for Prostate Cancer; A/Prof Sandra Turner, Radiation Oncologist, Crown Princess Mary Cancer Centre, Westmead Hospital
- Using the New Zoster Vaccination in GP; A/Prof Michael Woodward, Head, Aged Care Research, Austin Health Melbourne
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: An Update; Dr Bu Yeap, Endocrinologist; School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia; Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Fiona Stanley and Fremantle Hospitals
- A Practical Guide to Prescribing the New Hep C Antiviral Drugs in GP, Speaker TBA
- A No Nonsense Approach to Managing the Typical T2 Diabetes Patient, Speaker TBA
- Non-Drug Alternatives to Statins, Speaker TBA