Preventing and Responding to Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation for Nurses and Midwives
This course has been developed for people who work with people with disability, including their managers and supervisors, to increase their skills and knowledge in preventing and responding to violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation.
Anyone who works with people with a disability.
This course covers essential information for the prevention of violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation and how to appropriately respond including:
- Current and upcoming national legislation (NDIS) including human rights
- Types of violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Indicators of violence abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Reporting requirements
- Supporting alleged victims
- Understanding the rights of whistle blowers/staff reporting abuse.