Professional Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine
- : 2684-2690 Gold Coast Hwy, Broadbeach QLD 4218
The Professional Certificate of Aesthetic Medicine is tailored for medical professionals with an interest in the science of aesthetic medicine and who wish to grow their practice in that area. Participants can expect to develop solid foundation knowledge in the safe practice of quick, highly requested and low-cost-to-deliver aesthetic treatments for clinical conditions, thus meeting the increasing demand for skin repair services in primary care.
This course assumes no prior knowledge or speciﬁc training in the aesthetics ﬁeld. Participants must have completed their MBBS.
With Medicare rebates frozen for consultations and the cost of providing medical care increasing, incorporating aesthetic medical services to your practice will enhance your patients' overall experience and allow you to operate a more proﬁtable and ﬁnancially secure practice.
The latest trends in health and skin care result in an increased demand for skin repair and rejuvenation services - and skilled practitioners. Meeting your patients' aesthetic concerns and helping them to regain their healthy appearance and conﬁdence at their local GP's clinic will build long-term loyalty and add non-Medicare based revenue to your practice.
The two-day face-to-face course combines interactive lectures, live demonstrations, case discussions and practical sessions on pork skin and simulated models.
This course is the first part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Aesthetic Medicine, quality-assured by Bond University.
The certificate course will provide the clinician with introductory knowledge including:
- Concepts of aesthetic medicine, facial ageing and skin classiﬁcations.
- Facial anatomy, facial anaesthesia and planning of cosmetic procedures.
- Introduction to chemical peels and topical skin treatments
- Introduction to chemical composition and safe practice of Botulinum toxin
- Introduction to dermal fillers and basic filler techniques
- How to integrate aesthetic services into your practice