Professional Certificate of Medicinal Cannabis
The Professional Certificate of Medicinal Cannabis provides an introduction to the therapeutic properties and uses of cannabis, equipping medical practitioners with the basic knowledge required to safely prescribe and treat patients with medicinal cannabis in Australia. You will learn the medical applications of cannabinoids in general practice as a tool to improve patient outcomes.
Exploring the new generation of medicine, the online Professional Certificate course will enable you to stay ahead of the curve in managing common conditions in primary care, including chronic pain, anxiety, insomnia, depression, and cancer. Enabling you to develop a sound understanding of the endocannabinoid system and the properties of THC and CBD, the course explores the routes of administration, side effects and contraindications of medicinal cannabis, drawing upon real patient cases and common ailments seen in general practice.
This course is the first stage of the three-part Professional Diploma of Medical Cannabis. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Medicinal Cannabis, Advanced Certificate of Medicinal Cannabis and Professional Diploma of Medicinal Cannabis.
- Introduction to the endocannabinoid system
- Exploring THC and CBD
- Routes of administration, side effects and contraindications
- Patient cases and basic ailments
- History of cannabis and medical acceptance
- Chronic pain and medical cannabis
- Anxiety, insomnia and depression
- Cancer symptomatic treatment
Course participants will:
- Have the opportunity to replay video lectures from medical experts.
- Participate in discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions.
- Receive access to research/readings in the field.
- Participate in course webinars prior to the examinations and ask questions.
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review.
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course.