Professional Diploma of Medicinal Cannabis
The online Professional Diploma of Medicinal Cannabis course explores the therapeutic properties and uses of cannabis, equipping medical practitioners with the advanced knowledge required to safely prescribe and treat patients with medicinal cannabis in Australia. You will learn the medical applications of cannabinoids in general practice as a tool to improve patient outcomes.
Exploring the new generation of medicine, the online program will enable you to stay ahead of the curve in managing common conditions in primary care, including epilepsy, PTSD and cancer symptoms. Enabling you to develop an advanced understanding of the applications of medicinal cannabis in geriatric and palliative medicine, the Professional Diploma course also explores its uses in mental health, treatment-resistant patients and those with complex chronic diseases, and offers avenues for endocannabinoid support.
This course is the last stage of the three-part Professional Diploma of Medicinal Cannabis. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Medicinal Cannabis, Advanced Certificate of Medicinal Cannabis and Professional Diploma of Medicinal Cannabis.
- Geriatric and palliative medicine
- Epilepsy: Adult and child
- PTSD: Treatment in clinical practice
- Advanced mental health
- Cancer: A curative approach - where to beyond symptom relief
- Treatment resistant patients and patients with high cannabinoid needs
- Endocannabinoid support: Advanced techniques for maximising ECS efficiency
- Complex chronic disease
Course participants will:
- Have the opportunity to replay video lectures from medical experts.
- Participate in discussion of patient cases, evaluate and make decisions.
- Receive access to research/readings in the field.
- Participate in course webinars prior to the examinations and ask questions.
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review.
- Receive unlimited and ongoing access to free alumni learning resources, video lectures, and discussion forums, as well as invite-only events and special offers after completion of the course.