Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine
- : Online
The Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine will extend your knowledge required to manage the majority of all skin cancer cases through the application of dermoscopy, advanced histopathology, topical treatments, and electro-surgery. You will also learn how to manage immune-suppressed patients and manage rare and aggressive skin cancers. The course is delivered online in 8 modules and presented by world’s leading skin cancer experts, including Professor Harald Kittler (Austria), Professor Richard Usatine (USA), Professor Iris Zalaudek (Austria), Professor Luc Thomas (France), and other international and Australian thought leaders in this field.
This course is the third part of the three-part Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine. The education pathway is Professional Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine, Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine and Professional Diploma of Skin Cancer Medicine.
This course will focus on lesion and field directed treatments as well as skin imaging, drug therapy, special situations, treatment of rare/aggressive skin cancers and studies of both melanoma and non-melanoma treatments.
The theory sessions cover:
- Merkel cell carcinoma and rare/aggressive skin cancers
- Cutaneous cryosurgery and electrosurgery
- Lesion- and field-directed treatments
- Advanced histopathology
- Dermal imaging
- Factors influencing the choice of treatment
- Managing special cases and complications, including immuno-supressed patients
Course participants will:
- Participate in discussion boards and evaluate skin cancer cases
- Receive a comprehensive course folder and research/readings in the field
- Access video presentations from experts in the field with the opportunity to replay
- Participate in webinars with experts and professional colleagues
- Receive ongoing support post-course through webinars and case review
This certificate course:
- Is recognised by Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP).
- Is accredited by the Skin Cancer Institute (SCI) and may be used as part of an application for Certified Skin Cancer Doctor credentials.
- Has been collaboratively designed with, and is annually reviewed by, Professor David Wilkinson, Deputy Vice Chancellor at Macquarie University.
- Qualifies for a Clinical Attachment in France at the University of Lyon.
- Qualifies for a Clinical Attachment in Austria at the University of Vienna.