Safeguarding Children Level 3
Maintaining and Updating Competences (MaUC)
The Level 3 Safeguarding Children module is aimed at Consultant doctors and career grade Paediatricians. The module is made up of seven case-based learning sessions that cover the knowledge and competences required for Level 3 Safeguarding.
Those participating in this training should complete the introductory session which allows them to design an ongoing training programme suitable to their needs. This may involve a mixture of further sessions from the Maintaining and Updating Competences programme, face-to-face learning and supervision, local and national courses.
- Relevant to healthcare professionals in the UK and internationally
- Three levels of training for both clinical and non-clinical staff
- Features high-quality, interactive content
Level 3 – designed for doctors, consultants and paediatricians
The sessions are:
- Introduction: Attaining and Maintaining Safeguarding Competences
- Management of Sudden Unexpected Death of a Child
- Parental Risk Factors
- Unexplained Injuries: Managing Concerns Around Physical Abuse
- Neglect in the Disabled Child
- Fabricated or Induced Illness
- Adolescent Presenting With Suspected Sexual Assault
Safeguarding modules are also available within the Adolescent Health Programme and the Healthy Child Programme.
Please note: this package also includes NHS England’s Safeguarding Adults programme as an added bonus free of charge.
eIntegrity programmes are developed by NHS Health Education England’s e-Learning for Healthcare programme (HEE e-LfH).
The programmes are high quality self-directed learning programmes. They are designed to support training and CPD and are excellent resources alongside other traditional teaching methodologies. They have been developed by the UK NHS for use in the NHS. However, many of the programmes have international relevance, particularly the specialty training programmes which are often mapped to UK specialty training curricula.