SEVERE TRAUMA MANAGEMENT WORKSHOP
- : Melbourne VIC 3004
It will concentrate in the immediate assessment and management of life-threatening injuries, tailored especially to doctors working low-resource settings where definitive management cannot be provided and there is most likely need for transfer to tertiary centres.
The workshop covers the following:
- Primary and secondary surveys in the severe trauma patient
- Trauma team
- Airway skills
- Assessment and Management of the shocked patient
- Surgical skills
- Extended focussed assessment with sonography in trauma (eFAST)
- Transport of the injured patient
Each component will have a short theoretical lecture and practical skills.
Regional or rural HMOs are often first in the initial management of injured patients. This workshop will improve your knowledge and skills to help sustain life until more senior help arrives in the management of the Trauma patient.
Also, the participant will receive a certificate for attending the workshop.
After the successful completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Assessment and Manage a shocked patient
- Improve patient safety by appropriately transporting injured patient
- Effectively perform airway skills