Sexuality and Health Essentials for Youth and Community Workers
- : Ashfield NSW 2131
Who would benefit from this course
Workers in the youth and community services sector including youth workers, sexual health workers, Aboriginal health workers, managers, case managers and allied health professionals.
This workshop is designed for workers in the youth and community services sector to increase their knowledge of sexuality and sexual health issues which may affect their clients. Participants will learn to develop effective communication strategies and identify appropriate resources and referral pathways to support good sexual health in young people.
Entry requirements / eligibility
The course is best suited to people working in the youth sector or in a role contributing to the health and education of youth.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the barriers that young people face to communicate about sexuality and access sexual and reproductive health services
- Describe a values-fair and rights-based approach to sexuality
- Describe key issues impacting on young people’s sexuality and sexual health outcomes, including consent, gender and sexual diversity, contraception, STI/BBV prevention and testing, the impact of media and technology.
- Identify strategies to promote healthy relationships and support good sexual health
- Demonstrate appropriate and inclusive strategies for communication about sexuality and sexual health with young people
- Identify suitable information resources and referral pathways
Course structure Mode of delivery Time
|Face to face||9:00am - 4:00pm|
Course available on request
Prices for requested sessions are calculated individually and may vary based on factors such as location, venue and number of participants.
All participants receive a Statement of Attendance