Skin cancer prevention & vitamin D
- : Perth WA 6000
Once you have completed this education, please contribute to the discussion forum for this activity.
This activity will guide GPs through the epidemiology of skin cancers in Australia, including prevention, diagnosis and management. Vitamin D awareness will also be addressed.
By completing this learning activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the incidence of skin cancer in Australia.
- Describe the link between ultraviolet (UV) radiation exposure and the development of skin cancer.
- Understand the importance of a balanced approached to UV which reduces the risk of skin cancer, while ensuring some sun for vitamin D.
- Identify patients at risk of vitamin D deficiency.
- Ensure patient safety by recalling the methods of examination to detect skin cancer.
This education was prepared by ThinkGP.
|Skin cancer prevention & vitamin D - education|
|Skin Cancer Prevention & Vitamin D - evaluation|