Sydney Allergy Troubleshooter
- : Chatswood NSW 2067
Healthed is inviting you to attend an exciting new seminar - the Sydney Food Allergy Troubleshooter.
The epidemic of allergic disease is a public health crisis, and food allergy is a major part of this phenomenon. There has been a marked increase in food allergies over the past two decades, particularly in westernised countries. The majority of all food reactions occur in children under five years of age and the most common reason for anaphylaxis is food allergy.
Health professionals have a key role in recognising and addressing allergy-related problems and identifying whether a child requires referral to a paediatric allergist.
This evening seminar brings leading clinical experts together in a single evening event. Designed to suit your learning needs, delegates will have the opportunity to ask the speakers burning questions, network with other health professionals in the field and will receive a printed handbook with comprehensive lecture notes.
- Access to entire program & attendance certificate
- Handbook with comprehensive lecture notes
- Light catering and refreshments
- Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy; Dr Daniel Lemberg, Head of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Director of the Children’s Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Clinic (IBD), Sydney Children’s Hospital
- Allergy Prevention & Early Introduction of Solid Foods; Dr John Tan, Specialist Paediatric Allergist and Immunologist, Westmead Children’s Hospital; Associate Clinical Lecturer, Sydney University
- Microbiome & Its Impact On Allergy; A/Prof John Sinn, Neonatologist, Royal North Shore Hospital
- Anaphylaxis & Autoinjector Refresher Session; Margot Treloar, Clinical Nurse Consultant, The Sydney Children’s Hospital Network; Associate Member, ASCIA & Dr John Tan, Specialist Paediatric Allergist and Immunologist, Westmead Children’s Hospital; Associate Clinical Lecturer, Sydney University
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS:
- RACGP: 4 Category 2 CPD points approved
- ACRRM: 2 Core PDP points approved