The 2023 AIDA Conference
AIDA’s annual conference brings together Indigenous medical students, graduates, medical professionals, and those interested in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health around Australia.
The multi-day event provides invaluable opportunities for those attending to network and share experiences with peers, as well as a platform to learn, develop and share individual stories in a culturally safe environment.
OUR SOVEREIGN PLACE IN HEALTH
The 2023 AIDA Conference theme is Our Sovereign Place in Health. We acknowledge that we have tens of thousands of years of history in health, we have self-determination in health and we have our rightful and deserved place within the health system. We acknowledge workforce equity and our part of being within the workforce.
TOP 5 REASONS TO ATTEND
The AIDA conference provides a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in Indigenous culture, traditions, and knowledge. Engage with Indigenous perspectives on healthcare, holistic well-being, and the integration of cultural practices into medical care.
Networking and Collaboration
Connect with Indigenous doctors, healthcare professionals, researchers, and advocates from across Australia. Build relationships that can lead to collaborations, mentorships, and the sharing of ideas to improve Indigenous health outcomes.
Empowerment and Representation
By attending the conference, you support the empowerment and representation of Indigenous doctors and medical students. Witness inspiring success stories, celebrate achievements, and contribute to the momentum of Indigenous leadership in healthcare.
Holistic Health Approaches
Learn about holistic approaches to healthcare that respect the interconnectedness of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Discover how Indigenous knowledge can enhance patient care and contribute to a more inclusive healthcare system.
Benefit from a diverse range of workshops, panel discussions, and presentations that address crucial issues in Indigenous health. Gain insights into cultural safety, addressing health disparities, and promoting culturally responsive medical practices.
Attending the AIDA conference in nipaluna, 2023, will not only expand your medical knowledge but also provide a platform for fostering cultural understanding, promoting Indigenous representation in healthcare, and contributing to the ongoing improvement of Indigenous health outcomes in Australia.
- Ensuring Quality, Safety & Sustainability: Transfo...
- Posted By The Hatchery
- Posted Date: 2023-11-19
- The Hatchery’s Ensuring Quality, Safety and Sustainability: Transforming the NDIS Conference will br...
- Australian Healthcare Week
- Posted By Australian Healthcare Week
- Posted Date: 2023-11-11
- Australian Healthcare Week (AHW) is the biggest and most influential healthcare exhibition in the so...
- GPCE Melbourne 2023
- Posted By General Practice Conference & Exhibition (GPCE)
- Posted Date: 2023-11-10
- Location:Melbourne VIC 3000
- Victoria’s leading event for primary healthcare professionals. The GPCE Melbourne conference program...
- AI. Care 2023
- Posted By Australasian Institute of Digital Health (AIDH)
- Posted Date: 2023-11-01
- Location:8 Whiteman St, Southbank VIC 3006, Australia
- AI in our healthcare future Artificial intelligence has arrived in healthcare, accelerating the p...