The Heart Foundation Six Steps to Cardiac Recovery
Online Learning Module to support health care professionals to facilitate effective bedside education after heart attack and/or angina diagnosis
Purpose of this learning module
- Designed to provide you with the most important information to give to your patients during their hospital stay after a heart attack and/or angina diagnosis.
- Explains concepts in a way that is consistent with health literacy principles and provides examples for use in your patient education.
- Equips you with a patient education toolkit including the Heart Foundation’s Six Steps to Cardiac Recovery Conversation Guide and the My Heart, My Life patient support program, to support you to make a genuine difference in your patients' lives.
Who should complete this learning module?
- Healthcare professionals (primarily nurses) caring for patients following a heart attack and/or angina diagnosis.
Why should you complete this learning module
- Patient education in hospital plays a crucial role in recovery from a heart attack and/or angina and preventing future heart events.
- The Heart Foundation’s Heart Attack Patient Survey 2020 found that there is a strong interest from patients who have had a heart attack to receive information on medications, managing high blood pressure, returning to everyday activities and nutrition and exercise.
- The learning module will assist you to meet the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards in your practice and will support you in your education discussions.