This is a Promoted Post!
ThinkGP Live 1 day ALM Series - Management of the Emergency Patient in a General Practice & Remote Setting
- : Sydney NSW 2000
This 1 day face-to-face Active Learning Module (ALM) is specifically designed for the general practitioner and the practice team and emphasises the identification and management of acute emergencies in the pre-hospital setting. The training is based on the latest Australian and international scientific research in emergency medicine.
The course gives general practitioners and practice teams confidence in their capacity to effectively manage a range of acute medical and traumatic emergencies, by teaching a simple and easy to remember algorithm for use in general practice. The algorithm provides the practitioner and the team with easy to remember diagnostic tools, procedures and techniques to manage acute coronary syndrome, cardiac arrest, asthma and respiratory distress, anaphylaxis, seizures, hypoglycaemia and trauma, including emergency decompression of pneumothorax, cricoid puncture and interosseous access.
The course was the first in Australia to introduce general practitioners to the use of iGel airway adjuncts in advanced airway management and the use of interosseous injection guns for emergency access to the vascular compartment when a vein is not available. If you are looking for a course that is for general practice and is a leader in the use of crew resource management and leadership techniques in managing medical emergencies, then this course is for you.
Benefits of attending:
- Develop your leadership skills and gain confidence in your ability to manage a range of acute medical and traumatic emergencies
- Learn a simple and easy algorithm to remember diagnostic tools, procedures, and techniques to manage coronary syndrome, cardiac arrest, asthma and respiratory distress, anaphylaxis, seizures and more
- Earn ALM points (40 Cat 1 RACGP)
- Includes CPR certification
- Accreditation requirements:
- Predisposing activity
- Reinforcing Activity
- First release: $490 Offer ends 8 weeks prior to each event.
- Second release: $540 Offer ends 4 weeks prior to each event.
- Standard: $590
(Incl. education, learning materials, practical elements and morning tea & lunch)
Due to the interactive nature of this ALM, spaces are limited