Understanding Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- : Online
This learning program is designed to introduce you to osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee. The program begins with an overview of the skeletal system, then specifically looks at the function and structure of the knee joint. You will learn about the main components of the skeletal system and the importance of joints in body movements, with a focus on the knee joint. The program then moves into a basic introduction to OA, with a more detailed explanation of how OA affects the knee joint. You will also learn about the epidemiological features, risk factors, and clinical signs and symptoms of OA.
Upon completion of this learning program, you will be able to::
- Recognize the structure and define the functions of the musculoskeletal system.
- Compare the structures of the synovial joints by their functions and features.
- Discriminate key features of knee anatomy and recall the knee’s structural organization.
- Define osteoarthritis and identify the epidemiological features of osteoarthritis.
- Describe the risk factors of osteoarthritis.
- Recall clinical signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Identify the effects of osteoarthritis in the knee.