ASSESSMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF UPPER LIMB PAIN
A learning module for doctors wanting to boost their skills and confidence with patients suffering from painful upper limb disorders
Lean how to:
- Sharpen your diagnostic skills with more focused history taking
- Refine your physical examination skills and make sense of your findings
- Target and interpret upper limb investigations.
- Make a specific diagnosis leading to effective treatment.
Conditions include rotator cuff disorders, osteoarthritis, capsulitis, epicondylalgia, nerve entrapments and tenosynovitis
- Do joint and bursa injections in your office
- Prescribe appropriate exercises and medications
The module comprises a prereading component of ~ 6 hours with MCQs to check comprehension in preparation for a day-long workshop of interactive tutorials, hands on physical examination and treatment techniques with feedback and case discussions.