Single System Trauma Workshop
Interactive workshop covering limb injuries, splinting & plastering, real world analgesia, advanced suturing, burns & orofacial injuries. Each lecture will be followed by a practical simulation to reinforce learning.
Total lecture hours:
Total simulated hours:
Personal study hours:
Total contact hours:
Attendees will be required to complete pre reading and predisposing activity on burns & orofacial injuries.
Post training activity - Burns • Review your procedures for managing burns. • Review your emergency equipment and medication available if a burns patient were to present. • Review the available guidelines.
• Discuss your approach in the recognition, assessment and treatment of burns as it applies to patients in your clinical setting.
• Review or implement a system to assess patients presenting with limb injuries requiring intervention.
• Describe your decision making, and techniques for the administration of analgesia to patients.
• Identify a structured approach for orofacial injuries
• Describe your strategies and techniques in administering nerve blocks.
Attendees will be required to complete pre-reading and a predisposing activity on key elements of the workshop. On completion of the workshop you will be required to complete a reinforcing activity in order to obtain your CPD points and certificate.
Accredited for 1 day Rural Procedural Grant under the Emergency Medicine component.